Thursday 19 January 2012

"Reviews from Depth of Time" Marathon

Lately, I've been thinking about all the books I've read and never actually got a chance to write a review about them. There are thoughts I have for every single book I've ever read and I decided it would be a good idea to share them, even now. Even after much time has passed since I first read them. The majority of the books I was thinking about when the idea first hit me, is on my "favorites" shelf. Books that I read before I even had an account on Goodreads. Books that have marked me. They were my companions. In summers and weekends. Whenever I had time. Pleading for the time they were going to be released to come any faster. Among the pages of all those books I've found pieces of myself. Pieces I don't want to lose and certainly not to forget.

So, this marathon, I decided, would give me a pretty good motivation to go back so many memories and daydream about all the sentiments they offered me. Some of these books are for children, some for young adults, but when it comes to actually good pieces of work, the only outcome can be admiration and companionship.

That's the reason why I will write some Reviews, now, from a Depth of Time, for mainly books that marked me. They are creations that never actually leave my mind. I will probably write reviews, also for books that didn't really do that much of a click to me as much as others did, but the point is to write about the feelings they inspired to me. Because, I don't read books just for fun, at least not most of the time. I like really being in the heroes' situations and living what they do. If a book can really inspire that to me, then it's a memorable one.


For all these reasons, and many more, I'd also like it very much if other reviewers would want to participate in that Marathon. It will last 48 hours (from 19.1.2012 7pm to 21.1.2012 7pm) and at the end I will share in my blog my favorite reviews, signed by the reviewer.



xcx

No comments:

Post a Comment