Saturday 28 January 2012

Review for Darkfever by Karen Marie Moning

Phew.. Well, where to start with this book...

This was amazing! I never thought I'd like it so much!
The main heroine is MacKayla, Mac for short, whose name I didn't like in the beginning, but gradually I came to realizing that it's unique, at least for me, just like her! So, it absolutely suits her.

I'm searching for a way to avoid giving away any spoilers, I really do, but I'm not comletely sure I can manage it.
It's just that this book was so different from what I'm used to.
And, from what I was expecting, too.
It was totally better.

It inspired me in many ways, and actually showed us a heroine that isn't a fool. One that doesn't go needy for excitement and adventure. She realizes from the very beginning that it's dangerous, and knows that can't go back to her former life, although she wants it almost more than anything. But, that's what captivated me from the very beginning. That she did want to go back to a simple, boring life. She didn't need a really shocking and traumatizing experience to come to her senses. She was so mature as to realise very fast what's going on.

And, I also enjoyed very much the fact that she wasn't naive.
She knew she couldn't trust anyone.
She might have had Barbie looks, but she's clever.

So, I guess I should talk about Jericho, er Barrons, now.
Hehe, I think 'speechless' pretty much summarizes my feelings.
Anyway, he's not really my type, but, it isn't Mac's either.
And I can totally picture her falling for him in the future, so, I guess I'll just keep on reading and we'll see how it goes. :D

I also liked the way Karen Marie Moning writes, as this is the first of her books I've ever read. I loved the way it was shown as Mac had flashbacks from some years in the future.
So, the aftertaste indeed is a positive one, as I utterly enjoyed this book with the storyline and the heroine.

xcx

No comments:

Post a Comment